This post is about the advantages of integrating Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365BC) with Microsoft Outlook.
To learn more about D365BC, including its modules, its financial reporting and budgeting capabilities, the industries and sectors it serves, its license types and their prices and to estimate the system implementation cost and savings, visit the corresponding page or contact us.
HOW TO INTEGRATE
Time: 15 minutes
D365BC and Outlook are both Microsoft products and have a built-in integration capabilities for each other. This means that the integration path is straightforward – in fact, it should only take about 15 minutes to complete the integration. Importantly, D365BC has a fully automated setup which is performed from the user interface (without any coding). By accessing one of the assisted Setups in D365BC, Users are taken through the step-by-step wizard to complete the required steps.
- Sales Quotes & Sales Invoices – users can issue Sales Quotes and Sales Invoices from right from Outlook – the related D365BC information (e.g. Customer balance, contact information, Item availability, Item prices, etc.) is made available to users from Outlook interface.
- Jobs (projects) – a) project managers can issue Outlook Calendar invitations for workers from D365BC; b) workers can plan their Job (project) agendas exclusively in Outlook by accepting these invitations and c) after the work has been completed, workers can enter their time back to the Job (project) right from Outlook – the actual hours can be below, on or above the scheduled time and regardless of that, the information entered by workers in Outlook populates the corresponding Fields in D365BC.
- Artificial Intelligence – not only does Outlook grants access to the related information in the ERP system, it also suggests the Items to be quoted/sold to the Customer based on the email from the customer making creating a sales document as easy as entering the quantities.
- Quick start – users who are unfamiliar with D365BC, can get started quickly with it through the familiar Outlook interface.
- On-prem. & Cloud – both on-prem. and Cloud versions of Outlook can be integrated with D365BC – which means that Users do not need to install any software and can continue using the version of Outlook they are used to.
Edocation team has successfully integrated D365BC with Outlook, including Jobs. Our objective is to help companies perform their business efficiently and effectively through technology. This post contributes to this objective by discussing some of the core advantages of integrating D365BC with Outlook. If you would like to discuss your requirements with one of our certified Microsoft specialists, contact us.